Garvan Institute of Medical Research
The Garvan Institute is equipped with a purpose built genome sequencing capability. Its Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics offers two Illumina HiSeq 2500 instruments and Australia ‘s only HiSeq X Ten System.
The HiSeq X Ten System is capable of low cost, high throughput human genome sequencing by massively parallel sequencing and is available to all Australian researchers who have ethics approved genomes. Capabilities are available through research collaboration or on a fee for service basis for whole genome, exome and transcriptome sequencing:
- DNA/RNA extraction services from blood, tumour/normal tissue and FFPE samples.
- Library preparation services for
- whole genome sequencing,
- exome sequencing, custom panels and,
- transcriptomics including Total RNA, mRNA and sRNA which includes genomic/RNA QC and library validation QC.
- Next generation sequencing services on the MiSeq and HiSeq 2500 for applications such as de novo, resequencing, targeted sequencing, sequencing of the transcriptome, epigenome and metagenome and
- Human whole genome sequencing on the X-Ten instruments.
Bioplatforms Australia+61 0410 538 648