Introduction to NGS Data Analysis
Introduction to NGS Data Analysis is a three-day, hands-on workshop that offers attendees a basic understanding of NGS data analysis workflows. The workshop provides hands-on computational experience in analysis of NGS data using common analytical approaches for ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq data and de novo genome assembly.
|Sydney||Charles Perkins Centre, University of Sydney||27th June – 29th June 2017||$495 (Plus GST)|
Topics covered by this workshop include:
- An introduction to the command line interface and NGS file formats
- Assessment of the quality of NGS sequence reads
- Sequence alignment algorithms
- Basic ChIP-Seq analysis
- Basic RNA-Seq analysis
- Short and long read de novo genome assembly
This workshop will be delivered using a mixture of lectures, hands-on practical sessions, and open discussions. For draft timetable please click here.
Introductio to NGS Data Analysis workshop is designed for bench scientists, PhD students and early career postdoctoral researchers who require NGS in their research area but have minimal bioinformatics experience. The workshop utilises the Linux command-line, although no prior programming experience is required familiarity will be useful.
Preference will be given to medical researchers from NSW and ACT based organisations.
- Dr Matthew Field Australian National University/James Cook University Cairns
- Dr Sonika Tyagi AGRF Melbourne
- Dr Xi (Sean) Li Australian National University Canberra
- Dr Susan Corley UNSW Systems Biology Initiative Sydney
- Katherine Champ, Bioplatforms Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Registration and Payment
Workshop places are limited due to the significant practical component of this workshop. To manage high demand, all workshop applicants are subject to a selection process and must complete the online application by closes 27th May 2017. Successful applicants will be notified no later than 9th June 2016. The workshop fee of $495.00 (plus GST) covers course material, computer access, lunch and refreshments. If you are unable to apply online please email Katherine Champ at email@example.com.
Register for the Introduction to NGS Data Analysis workshop here: http://www.bioplatforms.com/training-registration/
For further information contact Katherine Champ, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bioplatforms Australia Training