The Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology
The Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN) at the University of Queensland provides specialised expertise in metabolic engineering. The “4th generation of biotechnology” is concerned with understanding and manipulating cellular behaviour at a system level.
AIBN serves the Australian biotechnology community with the development of “fluxomics” models required to analyse and engineer mammalian, plant or microbial fermentation systems employed to optimise product development.
AIBN offers the following services:
- Access to Genome scale modelling (experimental and theoretical)
- Metabolic flux analysis from exometabolome
- 13C metabolic flux analysis
- Central carbon metabolism
- Spatiotemporal metabolic flux analysis in multicellular organisms