The Australian Proteome Analysis Facility
The Australian Proteome Analysis Facility (APAF) is Australia ‘s premier high-throughput protein discovery facility. As well as being the birthplace of proteomics, APAF provides world-class proteomic research services on a cost-recovery basis; works with the best Australian and international industrial partners on new products; trains our next generation of protein discovery scientists; and facilitates the development and evaluation of new technologies.
APAF offers technologies that span the broad spectrum of proteomic techniques necessary to run successful bio-discovery programs. Its infrastructure covers mass spectrometry, high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC), protein sequencing, amino acid analysis, protein separation, proteomic quantitation, membrane proteomics and biomarker discovery.
- iTRAQ and SILAC quantitative mass spectrometry
- Selected reaction monitoring for targeted quantitative proteomics
- Glycan and glycoprotein analysis
- Biomarker Discovery
- High-throughput bead-based ELISA assays
- Classical protein chemistry techniques (AAA, Edman)
- High abundance protein removal
- Proteome Bioinformatics
Bioplatforms Australia+61 0410 538 648