RNA-Seq Data Analysis With R
The RNA-Seq Data Analysis With R workshop will introduce attendees to the R software environment and the specific skills and applications used in R-based RNA-Seq data analysis.
During this course you will learn;
- Upload and process data in R to generate plots, figures and tables,
- Create and run functions in R,
- Create reports interactively in R,
- Write your own R script for data processing,
- Import RNA-Seq data to R as data objects,
- Carry out standard QC tests,
- Use the limma-voom R package to produce lists of differentially expressed genes between pairs of samples,
- Identify over-represented gene ontology categories in gene lists using the GOStats package.
This workshop has been designed for life scientists who have specific interests in RNA-Seq data analysis in R. The workshop assumes that attendees have a general understanding of NGS technology. The workshop will include an introduction to R and as such no prior experience with the command line is required.
Preference will be given to medical researchers from NSW and ACT based organisations.
- Dr Xin-Yi Chua (Head of Informatics, QFAB Bioinformatics)
- Dr Susan Corley (Bioinformatician, UNSW Systems Biology Initiative)
- Dr Nandan Deshpande (Bioinformatician, UNSW Systems Biology Initiative)
- Dr Richard Edwards (Senior Lecturer in Bioinformatics, UNSW)
- Dr Ignatius Pang (Bioinformatician, UNSW Systems Biology Initiative)
- Bioplatforms Australia, Sydney
|Sydney||Red Centre, UNSW||19-21st April 2017||$420.00 (Excluding GST)|
Registration and Payment
Places are strictly limited to 25 participants due to the practical component of this course. To manage the high demand, all workshop applicants are subject to a selection process and MUST complete the online application form to be considered for a place. Applicants must meet the requirements to be considered for this workshop. The application period closes 3rd of April 2017. Successful applicants will be notified no later 1 week after they have completed the registration form. The workshop fee of $420.00 (Excluding GST) covers course material, computer access, lunch, and refreshments. Payment can be made by cheque, EFT or credit card.
Registrations for this event are now closed.
For further information contact Andrew Gilbert at email@example.com.
Bioplatforms Australia Training
Interested in Hosting a Bioinformatics Workshop?
If you are interested in hosting a bioinformatics workshop at your local organisation or institute please contact Andrew Gilbert on firstname.lastname@example.org .